Sunday, July 13, 2008

Recent Book...faith+religion aspect

I am home now. And its Sunday. There are plenty of things to do and i have not done it yet. I supposed to think and draft on my research, watch Becoming Jane (again)..yup just those two. But since i am home. new errands taking up. The kitchen, the place where the heart of the home is, my beloved daddy, assign me to ensure it to be perfect, urm..better, excellent. So again, another trip to ikea, and i have to spent my brain thinking on how to decorate, imagine how the kitchen going to be look after this. Huh, it really makes me tired. I Have imagine at the same think, buying it and voila...What's new then, after i woke up from my sleep this morning, my dad asked me to buy plants and 'stuffs' for landscaping. He do left me the money thought. But, i was mortified and horrified,. C'mon, i have to think again, and this concern the lawn. I'm not good at this, not yet. So i started Googling...huh. and told my dad, this is going to take alot of hardwork. if you dont want to call an expert, since you have to monitored the plants need. So my dad said, dont buy it yet;today, but get a landscaping magazines and study it. Another thing to be looking at and study carefully besides my research.
And i just finished reading Dina Zaman; I am Muslim, this morning. Her book, was all true about Muslim in Malaysia. We just lose, with the religions and its really hard to survived nowadays. But , for me..its a reality and something must be done with it. Mostly, all that, are peer pressure and the need to fit in. For example, going to club, drinking, not wearing the veiled..if there is no peer pressure, this thing will be less likely to happen.
On the issue of virginity..its still is sacred and important. And what with the men doesnt even have to be virgin, just how selfish this community can be. You want to experience all the enjoyment in the world,; yet instead, still want a virgin lady to be your wife.
As for me, i play it equal on some aspect. There was also someone told me that I am like the Sister in Islam, because i have opinion on what i want to be, an in equality. Well, it hurts since it came from someone you love.
So truth be told here and reality does get checked...We, the Malays, especially, take religion for granted. We only comes back to Allah when we are in pain, suffered and earth calamity strike us. We choose and decide that we can repent when we get old, but til when will we survive and live in this earth? We comfort ourselves by saying we are not the Musyrikin, not an apostate and never shed our faith in believing that Allah the one and true God. For that, we said that for all the sins that we have done in this earth, and if we go to Hell after we died, for so long afterwards, we can still be in the Heaven. And thats us, for being the progessive Muslim, the think positive Muslim, the modern Muslim. And that's why, we are lost, and started to seek other ways to be accepted in Islamic modern ways, and we are gotten more lost than heading for the truth.
In fact, to be noted here, i am myself still wonders few things in life that concerns this as well.
If im was to read this book 5 months ago, i may not accept and be mortified, horrified even shocked to death, when i know whats going on in this society.
But, i grew. To be open up, to understand more, to learn, to think and reflect of what this life offers me. I grew matured in life and thinking. I may at that time, be the one said, 'i Could not believe them, or Dina Zaman named in this book as 'The Other', i may be in the one that think i am better than the rest in some aspect. But now, i realized thing more. I have been schocked and the fact disturb my sleeps for some times when i knew it, but now I have not.
Maybe there is hikmahs of everything that happen for the last 5 months. Maybe there was deep hikmah when i met that someone and maybe there is hikmah of everything that happen in my life recently.
But whats important is; to realize we are as a Muslim, to be grateful to Him is enough and in doing so, do whats He loves best for it is best for us as well.

No comments: